provides Counselling, Workshops, Clinical Supervision, Training, and Teaching Services to individuals (privately and on behalf of companies under insurance and medical plans). Dr. Shewchuk can help you (using a variety of counseling approaches based on the needs of the patient) with PTSD, trauma therapy, abuse counseling, substance abuse counseling, drug abuse counseling, and a wide range of other issues within the scope of clinical and counselling psychology.
Helping You With:
- Helping actors psychologically prepare for new roles
- Transpersonal Psychology and exploration of ones life philosophy and spirituality
- Peak Performance
Helping individuals experiencing:
- Substance abuse
- Grief and loss
- Unresolved childhood issues (in adulthood)
- Physical, Emotional, Sexual abuse and/or Neglect
- Coping with chronic illness
- Interpersonal communication
- Anger management
- Learning more about your gifts and abilities
- Exploration of one's life philosophy
- Sexuality concerns and issues
- Reproductive mental health, including perinatal depression, anxiety
- Behaviour problems
Dr. Shewchuk has worked extensively with First Nations communities and people. She is Bi-lingual English and Ukrainian.
Currently Dr. Shewchuk is focusing on providing psychotherapy to teens and adults. She is currently not accepting referrals for children or couples.
Training, Support & Supervision for Professionals
Dr. Shewchuk provides in-service seminars, training, and workshops, for counsellors, teachers, and medical professionals including (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Working with persons who have PTSD and Complex PTSD
- Working with persons who have multiple co-morbidities
- Grief and Bereavement
- Working with first Nations persons/communities
- Working with Sexual Abusers and their Victims
Daria has taught at various instituions in BC and Alberta. She is available for Clinical Supervision and Professional Workshops.
Philosophy at Shewchuk-Dann & Associates
We are committed to respecting and honoring individual and cultural beliefs, and focusing on creating a safe atmosphere for the the comfort, and dignity of clients.
As such our therapeutic approach is draw from a variety of therapeutic orientations and tailored to the client's needs using an itegrative approach.